UNE AILE SOUPLE
+ user friendly
For more than 30 years Edouard has been involved in the development of sailing membranes :
- Co-owner of the sail loft Voiles Gautier in Switzerland,
- In the 80’s he developed the first paragliders and worked in the inflated textile industry for more than 15 years with his company called Ailes de K.
- In 2002 Edouard Kessi and his partner developed and patented the 3 Di technology, the black sails for the Alinghi team, now part of the North Sails group.
- In 2010 he developed the first hard multiply filaments composites and was the co- founder of North TPT – During these last years he worked on the production of large inflated textile structures such as the inflated hangar of Solar Impulse, which sheltered the ultralight airplane during his world tour.
- This last 2 years he developed a new concept of inflated wing sails, the idea is to simplify all the rig and sail systems, the easy sailing : www.inflatedwingsails.com
- Edouard Kessi is an active sailor in monohulls and multihulls. Until today, he is the record holder of the lake Geneva Bol d’Or.